Red Pepper Pesto
Red pepper pesto is a fun twist on a classic! It uses vibrant, sweet peppers and an almond/hazelnut combo instead of the original basil and pine nuts. It is the perfect fit when paired with grilled chicken, meatballs, or fresh seafood.
Toss with warm pasta or serve as a dip or spread on a rustic baguette. The possibilities are endless, so get creative with it! If you are up for roasting your own peppers, go right ahead. If you are constrained for time, follow our quicker method using a delicious jarred version instead.
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jar Roasted Red Peppers drained and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Andalucian Spanish EV Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar (Meritage or Reserva Sherry)
- 2 tsp Seasoning (Sweet Smoked Chili Rub or Wild Garlic)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (Himalayan or Lime Fresco)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese fresh grated